Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Scholar Practitioners as Program Evaluators




I am exciting about the course Evaluating and Supporting Early Childhood Programs because I would like to help my county form or complete evaluations. The county that I currently work in seems to always be adapting the latest curriculum in some subject area. However little to no evaluations are done to check the effectiveness of the newly adapted curriculum.  This course can also show me how to evaluate my effectiveness in my own classroom and ensuring that what I am doing is aligning with my programs vision. One question I have is with some evaluations already being in place within certain program how do you go about having those tweaked to become better?

After completing this course I believe I can impact the process of evaluating program quality by creating a well-planned and carefully executed evaluation for my county’s Pre-K program. This course will show be how to create an evaluation that is inclusive and replicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment