Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Scholar Practitioners Who Impact Future Change




I feel that an educator is the most precious resource our country has; of all the jobs in this country, none of them would be possible without teachers. Educating children severely affects their lives and it also influences the lives of anyone who comes into contact with those children. Education provides an establishment for a child to base the rest of his or her life on. Without a sound education, it becomes impossible for an individual to provide for themselves and their families. I entered in to the education field to impact the lives of young children just as my former teachers did for me.

As a scholar practitioner it is my duty to lead evaluation initiatives in my classroom and share important information about evaluations with my colleagues. As a classroom teacher I will be sure to use a variety of evaluations for my students and ensure that they are culturally and developmentally appropriate. I will also help my school create an evaluation to ensure that we are upholding our schools mission.

Two downfalls to avoid when leading program evaluations is being unorganized and not using resources. If the leader is unorganized there is no way, the rest of the team can be organized. I would minimize this by utilizing available resources and getting myself organized before undergoing an evaluation.

2 comments:

  1. Great comments and I'm sure none of us would debate the contribution of good teachers. I am a great believer in the significance of being organized. It has been the key to my own ability to multi task and get things accomplished. As someone who has supervised and worked with teams of diverse folks, I also place importance of empowering those who work with me. As we have seen, teamwork is essential in the evaluation process. What "gifts" do you bring as a leader to a team? And what would be your greatest challenge as a leader?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organization is key for successful program evaluations to occur. Throughout the interview I conducted with a leader who had been on both sides of program evaluation, she continually stated that program evaluation requires strong organizational skills. Personally this is something I struggle with and I believe this would be a challenge for me. What suggestions do you have for maintaining organized during program evaluation?

    ReplyDelete